Welcome to my new Blog.
As a MacBook owner for a little more than three years now, I’ve recently started looking more thoroughly into the great possibilities offered by Applescript to make my everyday life easier by automating some of the recurrent tasks, especially when it comes to data exchange between the different applications part of my daily workflow.
Participating on different forums and newsgroups I have found that some of my creations seem to find interest among others.
This is why I decided to set up this small blog to gather the different scripts I had posted all over the Internet in ONE single place, making it easier for me to maintain them, answer questions and keep up with your comments, requests and suggestions.
Coming from the “dark side” of the IT, one of the things I really missed on my MacBook in the beginning was Microfost Outlook. Entourage just didn’t feel right so I went through trialing a couple of other Email software solutions before I finally settled with Apple Mail.
So when Office for Mac 2011 hit the streets I decided to give the new Outlook a go to see if the change back from Apple Mail to Outlook would be of any benefit for myself (in the end I kept Apple Mail for various reasons, but that’s another story, not relevant to this post and blog).
Email is an important part of my daily professional life and by the time Outlook 2011 was released, my workflow setup integrated already quite nicely with Apple Mail. So very shortly after starting operation “Back to Outlook”, I found myself confronted with a major drawback, Outlooks lack of support of a custom URL scheme, i.e. a way to create a hyperlink to a particular mail message. As I didn’t want to give up my Outlook testing at this early stage BUT couldn’t live without the ability to put a back-link to a mail message inside the tasks of my task manager (and other apps) I decided to spend some time on the problem to see if I could come up with an alternative solution.